Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management
COASTAL BEND SHRM
The vision of the Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management (CBSHRM) is to advance the HR profession as a leading resource for HR professionals in education, personal growth and collaboration with other organizations.
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.
Corpus Christi Human Resource Management Association # 185 (CCHRMA) was founded in 1972. The chapter was transformed into Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management in 2013.
CBSHRM is committed to the HR profession and taking a leadership role in providing information, programs and services in support of its membership to develop personally and professionally by:
- Ensuring that Chapter members are provided with speakers, training, communications and motivation to succeed in the HR management profession.
- Recruiting and involving members who desire to make a professional commitment and encouraging the value of diversity.
- Collaborating with related professional organizations to ensure Chapter vitality, progress and leading edge knowledge of HR professional developments.
- Establishing a vision and goals that effectively achieve value-added outcomes.
- Partnering with area colleges/universities to influence programs and activities that support student interest in the HR profession.
- Legislation updates
- Workforce Readiness
- Student Chapter at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Community Outreach Program
- Scholarship Award for Area Students
- Professional Certification for the PHR/SPHR- Prep Classes and Recertification Hours