Human Resource Generalist
At Hanson, our HR team is working to become a best in class organization in the Engineering industry. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources team as a Human Resource Generalist. As our company grows, so does our need for skilled and passionate HR professionals who thrive on collaboration and believe deeply in elevating the employee experience.
The HR Generalist is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Texas locations with a primary focus on recruiting, onboarding, intern program, coaching, leadership development, employee relations, and performance management. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing excellent internal client support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Responsibilities include applying innovative and progressive practices to deliver a best in class experience to candidates, employees and managers that reflects Hanson’s culture. The HR Business Partner will be charged with continuous improvement to include upgrading current processes, leveraging technology and our Workday system, building relationships with employees and managers, and providing analytics.
- Consult with management, providing HR guidance and solutions.
- Meet with internal clients regularly to develop a best in class culture.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management to include coaching, counseling, and career development.
- Maintain a best in class experience for all candidates, employees and managers that reflects Hanson’s great culture.
- Consult with hiring managers and business leaders to build out strategies to attract talent to meet the strategic goals of the Texas locations.
- Provide thought leadership on emerging trends influencing the talent acquisition role for our industry.
- Build relationships with college, university and community college placement offices with strategic schools and universities in Texas.
- Schedule and attend career and intern fairs to generate qualified applicants with appropriate staff.
- Partner with Talent Development Manager to develop and conduct training for managers with the goal of enhancing the recruiting, performance and leadership development process.
- Execute HR key initiatives and projects.
- Action oriented - able to move quickly and execute new processes and programs effectively
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide recommendations to solve issues
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience achieving results on a best practice Talent Acquisition team
- Experience with, and success in consulting, engaging, and influencing managers
- A creative understanding of sourcing using non-traditional focus on social media
- Bachelor's degree with corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience, including sourcing, full life cycle recruiting a plus
- Possess exceptional sourcing, assessment and closing skills
- Possess a solid understanding of compensation and policies
- Some travel will be required
- Position based in Corpus Christi, TX
- Knowledge of Workday HCM preferred or experience with ATS
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter platform
- Experience in project management preferred
- Experience in a fast paced and innovative environment
- Experience in professional services firm preferred
- High proficiency in MS Office applications -Word, Excel & PowerPoint required
Apply at https://hansoninc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/HPS/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Human-Resource-Generalist_R813