Announcing the 2017–Fourteenth Annual Institute for Emotional Intelligence to be held in the beautiful sparkling city by the sea, Corpus Christi, Texas! By integrating the skills and skills sets of transformative emotional intelligence (EI) in its institution’s quality enhancement plan (QEP)-the Learning Environment Adaptability Project-LEAP, McLennan Community College is modeling the way of using EI to pursue excellence in higher education, community support, and organizational development/culture. South Texas College has also used the Emotional Skills Assessment Process® (ESAP®) with students, and ESAP®, Personal Excellence Map® (PEM®), and Skills for Career and Life Effectiveness® (SCALE®) with staff, faculty, and leadership for professional development.
Participate in this conference on April 6-7, 2017, and help celebrate the pursuit of excellence using transformative EI to enhance teaching, learning, career programs, personal well being, and community initiatives.
Human resources topics anticipated for support during the 2017 EI Institute include: Consulting, Diversity, Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility, Incentives & Rewards, Global HR, and Organizational, Employee, and Leadership Development. HR continuing education credit has been applied for based on emerging preconference and conference programs.
The Fourteenth Annual Institute for Emotional Intelligence is scheduled for the week of April 3, 2017 in beautiful Corpus Christi, Texas. A brief outline of the week’s events is provided below.
- April 3-4, 2017: Two-day EI certification workshop on EILS’s positive assessments and learning processes.
- April 5, 2017: Performing Under Pressure: The Science of Doing Your Best When it Matters Most with New York Times best selling author Hendrie Weisinger, Ph.D.
- April 5, 2017: EI Bootcamp for Medical and Healthcare Professionals with Myriam Melendez, M.D. and Jesus Huertas, Ph.D.
- April 5, 2017: Success Coaching with EI with Richard Hammett, Ed.D. and Margo Murray, MBA, CPT.
- April 6-7, 2017: Two-Day EI Conference with excellent programs including keynote session on Thursday with Dr. Hendrie Weisinger.