L.K. Jordan & Associates
Vice President of Human Resources and General Counsel
Exciting opportunity to join a staffing firm in the role of Vice President of Human Resources and General Counsel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic HR leadership, oversee human resources policies, programs, and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events.
- Serve as internal consultant to company management team, supervisors and employees on HR issues that affect performance and business relationships.
- Select, develop, evaluate and lead an HR team with a goal of earning a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive internal consulting group.
- Serve as legal counsel to the company providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the management and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the company and its services.
- The position will also be responsible for drafting legal documents, reviewing agreements, training staff, collection of bad accounts, and work with outside agencies for litigation on behalf of the company.
- Must have a Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree from an accredited US law school and be a member in good standing of the Texas Bar. Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business or a related field.
- Five years of proven experience in civil law to include corporate and employment law, contacts and litigation.
- Three years of experience in human resources or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defense and proactive strategies.
Contact Leslie Jordan, President, L.K. Jordan &
Associates at (832) 673-0323 or (713) 680-8777