Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management
Please review the following membership categories prior to applying for membership. Membership in CBSHRM is owned by the individual, not the organization with whom the member is affiliated, and is neither transferable, refundable or assignable. Membership becomes effective upon approval of the application and dues payment processing. Dues are paid on an anniversary basis, so you always receive a 12-month membership!
Professional Membership - $60.00
Professional Membership with Active SHRM Membership - $50.00
A Professional Member is an individual that is either:Professional Members are dues-paying members, have full voting rights and may hold any office.
* a practitioner of human resource management or responsible for the administrative direction of the human resource function, either exempt or non-exempt;
* certified by the Society for Human Resource Management or by the Human Resource Certification Institute;
* faculty members holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in human resource management or any of its specialized functions at an accredited college or university;
* full-time consultants practicing in the field of human resource management; and/or;
* full-time attorneys counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the human resource profession.
1 to 3 Members - $165
4 to 6 Members - $330
Unlimited Members - $500
Corporate Memberships are corporation representatives. Names, position and any accreditations are required upon application. Corporate Membership slots may be changed if the person filling the Corporate slot leaves the employment of the Corporate Member or is permanently transferred out of the Coastal Bend area; otherwise, the slot can be transferred to a different Corporate employee one time per year. The current Vice President of Membership must be contacted in order to effect any changes.Professional Members are dues-paying members, have full voting rights and may hold any office.
Student Membership - $35.00
Student Membership with Active SHRM Membership - $15.00
A Student Member is an individual that is enrolled at a college or university as a full time undergraduate (12 or more credit hours) or graduate student (6 or more credit hours), and is not employed or working on a full-time basis in an exempt HR position. Students are dues-paying members, but do not have voting rights and may not hold elected office.
Affiliate Membership - $100
An Associate Member is an individual that does not meet any of the foregoing categories, but has a bona fide interest in the human resource profession. Associate Members are dues-paying members, but may not vote or hold office in the Chapter.
Life Membership - $0.00
Individuals who have served at least one (1) full term as President of this organization will be granted a Life membership at no cost to them. Life members do not pay dues, and may vote and hold office in the Chapter.