Coastal Bend Society for Human Resource Management
The HR Assistant provides support in the Human Resources Department with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, and executive administration
Asst Director of Human Resources POS# (0313)
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
The City of Corpus Christi is seeking a high performing and experienced leader to serve as the Assistant Director of Human Resources. The ideal candidate is a proven human resources leader with high integrity, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with direct, advanced experience in compensation, health benefits, recruitment, employee relations and employee development.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, this position works closely with City departments and key decision makers to define and implement human resources related policies, procedures and best practices for the City of Corpus Christi.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Manages and participates in the development and implementation of human resources goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs such as the City wide Compensation and Classification Project, Health Benefits, Recruitment, Employee Relations and Performance Evaluation plans
· Serves as the liaison for the Human Resources department, with other City departments and outside agencies, by serving as a technical resource and subject matter expert in providing staff assistance and counsel in resolving sensitive and controversial issues by providing pertinent information, interpreting policy, and staying current on employment law and HR issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Requires a high level of critical thinking and excellent analytical skills in order to facilitate contract negotiations, resolve complex employee relation issues, and interpret federal, state, and local laws and application of these laws into City procedures
· Must be able to develop strategies for addressing goals and objectives; make fiscal and administrative decisions with multiple competing priorities
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills through involvement with professional organizations and keeping up with current trends and developments related to the Human Resources profession
· Bachelor’s Degree required (BA/BS)
· Minimum of seven (7) years directly related experience in an HR organization comparable to the City of Corpus Christi; experience in municipal government is preferred
· A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hireTo be considered applicants must apply to the position through the City of Corpus Christi’s Careers page directly at www.cctexasjobs.com
Sterling Personnel is recruiting for an experienced HR Assistant for our client in Corpus Christi, Texas. In this position, the HR Assistant will serve as administrative back up to the Human Resources Administrator. The HR Assistant must be able to perform in an office environment where priorities quickly change and interruptions are common. The HR Assistant must also exercise a high degree of independence in carrying out the work, have the ability to follow through, balance many tasks, and handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion. This position requires professional and effective communication skills when interacting with staff and other customers.
A higher education degree is preferred, and qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative setting, plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience with fiscal management.Interested candidates should apply here, or email their resume to Jobs@SterlingHires.com
Teller/Personal Banker Training Manager
The Teller/Personal Banker Training Manager is responsible for delivering technical training to tellers and personal bankers in a classroom environment; developing and administering core curriculum including orientation, legal and regulatory, professional standards, sales and service, product knowledge and technical knowledge; reviewing delivery methods including published material, internet-based offerings and other leading-edge approaches; identifying training needs and assisting in individual development plans and scheduling training activities; and provide one-on-one coaching.
Responsible for learning all aspects of the Bank's platforms such as Teller, Personal Banker and Consumer Lending. Collaborate and maintain good cross-functional communications with the Personal Banker/Teller Trainer, Sr. Retail Branch Officers, EVP Director of Consumer Banking & Marketing, the Education and Training Department staff, Human Resources staff, and all Branch management staff and exhibit consistent professional demeanor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:· Communicate and deliver core curriculum in a clear and understandable manner using appropriate verbal and non-verbal styles.· Manage classroom group and individual behavior, participation, and overall environment to promote and maintain a positive, effective, and fun learning experience.· Provide one-on-one coaching.· Design and develop training modules, exercises, and subject matter cases.· Evaluate and modify training programs as required.· Make available and prepare pre-developed training computer-based and traditional training material and assemble new hire booklets and assessment materials for class.· Assess participants for effectiveness of knowledge-skill transfer and ensure proper comprehension of material by incorporating formal and informal checks for comprehension.· Coordinate; develop training agenda, identify/secure guest facilitators, and conduct pre & post assessment of training deliverables.· Follow-up with participants for effectiveness of knowledge, application of material, and results to Bank.· Learn all aspects of the Teller and Personal Banker Department related duties including but not limited to all skills related to bring an effective teller and personal banker including supervision and leadership, system platform, selling techniques, legal regulatory, and policies and practices.· Responsible for authenticating the customer's identity and their authorization to act on behalf of the account as stated in the account holder's signature contract prior to releasing, changing, or altering any account information.
Experience Required:· Minimum of 5 years of training experience with preferred 2yrs of training manager/ supervisor experience.· Banking experience, especially in the area of teller and personal banker preferred but not required.· Knowledge of effective classroom techniques, including discussion lecture format, feedback questioning skills, use of visual aids, use of worksheets and hands-on exercises preferred.· Training experience, specifically conducting adult training classes helpful.· Above average familiarity with PC system and peripheral hardware preferred.· Above average written and reading comprehension skills, including ability to simplify work processes and revise materials.Qualifications:· Excellent presentation skills and ability to convey technical information in a "user friendly" manner.· Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills.· Ability to work independently as necessary.· Microsoft Products
Education:· 4-year degree or equivalent experience in bank operations, retail banking or customer service preferred; general retail experience helpful but not required.· Training, teaching, leadership and managerial experience helpful.· High school diploma or equivalent required.